A woman spiked on a night out with friends thought it was 'just a cut'

An injection was given to a woman who was going out with friends.

The 20-year-old is now sharing her story in the hope of raising awareness and warning others of the dangers.

Chloe Madico, who lives in Surrey, celebrated her friend’s birthday on October 23rd.

The group visited Popworld in Armor Buildings around 11:30 p.m., where Miss Madico says she knew about 30 to 40 people in the building.

she said SurreyLive that she felt perfectly safe being surrounded by school friends and not leaving her best friend’s side all night.

The next morning, however, Miss Madico woke up with much of the night missing from her memory and later found a mark on her leg where a needle had been inserted.

“I can’t remember the night, my girlfriend had a lot to tell me about what happened,” she said.

“I just assumed that I was really drunk, even though I had never experienced anything like it. I was apparently dead, I fell to the floor, I couldn’t string a sentence together.”

She said that if she hadn’t been with her friend, “God knows what would have happened – would I have made it home at all?”

Miss Madico added, “When we saw that mark on my leg that morning, we just assumed I cut myself.”

It wasn’t until she returned to Bournemouth, where she now lives, that her roommates noticed it looked similar to other images of injection trails posted on social media.

She continued, “At first I was just, ‘Oh, I’ll be fine,’ but my roommate insisted I go to the hospital.”

When she arrived at Royal Bournemouth Hospital three days after taking it, nurses and doctors confirmed that it looked like an injection mark.

Now Miss Madico has to undergo multiple blood tests, vaccinations, and trips to the hospital and sexual health clinic to make sure she hasn’t caught any of the needle that pricked her.

She said, “I still have to deal with the effects of what happened, I will still have to go to the hospital for the next six months.

“Of course I would rather have the dates than hope that it will be good and won’t do anything, but there are far more health risks with syringes than being riddled with a drink. Of course, both are bad, but you have to be with a needle “so careful, it’s not pretty.”

Miss Madico would like to draw attention to the risks of the needle stick because of her initial doubts.

She continued, “The only reason I went to the hospital was because a girl I lived with sent me a post on social media – I just thought it was a cut and kept saying, that I would be fine.

“If she hadn’t convinced me, I would have sat here thinking there was a cut on my leg. I was so shocked when I had no idea so I didn’t go straight to A&E. Looking back now, I know I did that absolutely needed. “

Calling clubs to increase their checks

The 20-year-old admits that it is difficult for clubs to protect everyone, but at the same time believes that improvements could be made to prevent incidents like needle sticks.

She said, “I’ve been to Guildford many times, so it’s not unfamiliar territory. What scares me is that Popworld is not a huge club, but really open, there are no other rooms like in other clubs.

“A lot of people have said, ‘try to wear something to cover you more,’ but that’s something I really disagree with. A needle can go through anything, but what I wear is mine too Choice.

“No disrespect to Popworld, but they could have done more as they entered. I know it’s hard to search all of them, but they just sampled them, not all of them.

“I know it could take more time to get people in and there might be bigger queues, but I think they need to improve their game.”

Chloe will now have to return to the hospital for regular checkups and vaccinations over the next few months

Following the incident, a Popworld spokesperson said, “The safety of our guests and our team has been and remains our number one priority and we are constantly reviewing our security procedures to ensure that our customers and employees stay safe.

“We take all allegations from Spiking seriously and ask customers to notify us immediately if they are concerned that their drinks have been tampered with.

“We understand that concerns about an alleged increase in spiking in clubs and bars are growing, so we have improved our policies and deployed guest support to help guests who are vulnerable or uncomfortable.

The survivors’ trust

The Survivors Trust is the largest umbrella organization for specialized rape and sexual abuse services in the UK.

Their services work with victims and survivors of all ages, genders, forms of sexual violence, sexual abuse and exploitation, including assisting partners and family members.

If you have been a victim of a sexual offense, you can call the free helpline at 08088 010 818.

“These team members are easy to identify because they are wearing a neon armband. We have improved security at our door and ask guests to remain vigilant and report any unusual or suspicious behavior to one of our team members immediately.”

A Surrey Police The spokesman added, “We received an injection by injection report on the weekend beginning Friday October 22nd. The victim receives continuous medical care and support from family and friends.

“This is the first such needlepoint report we have received in Guildford, although we do receive occasional reports of beverage tips. Our departmental drug liaison officers and licensing officers are working closely with nightclubs and bars to raise awareness of this issue. including donation advice to the venue staff on how to spot the signs of someone whose drink has been spiked and what to do in the situation.

“We will continue to be in touch with and work together on this latest issue.

“We encourage anyone who believes they have been a victim or witness of spikes in any form to contact the local police as soon as possible. All reports about spikings are investigated and taken seriously. “

.

Leave a Comment