Body found in Epping Forest confirmed as that of missing Richard Okorogheye

The body of a man discovered while searching for Richard Okorogheye has been officially identified as that of the missing teenager.

Richard went missing from his home in Ladbroke Grove, London on Monday March 22nd. He was reported missing on Wednesday March 24th.

At around 2 p.m. on Monday, April 5, the Met was informed by Essex Police officers that a man’s body had been found in a lake in Epping Forest.

His next of kin have been informed and are supported by specialist officers.

The 19-year-old man’s death is considered unresolved and police currently do not believe any third parties were involved.

A forensic autopsy took place on Wednesday (April 7th).

The cause of death is pending further investigation. However, no evidence of physical trauma or attack was found.

In a statement, Met police said: “Since Richard was reported missing prior to his body being discovered, a routine referral was made to the Met’s Professional Standards Directorate (DPS) and the Independent Police Conduct Bureau.”

Detective Superintendent Danny Gosling, Head of the Met’s Central West Public Protection Unit, said, “My deepest condolences go to Richard’s family at this incredibly difficult time. This has not been the result either of us hoped for, and we will make sure his grieving family is well supported by specially trained officers.

“I would like to thank the many officials, staff, and members of the public who have each been involved in the extensive efforts to find Richard.”

The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Richard’s death is ongoing.

Specialized search teams remain in parts of Epping Forest, Loughton as they conduct additional searches as part of the investigation.

.

Leave a Comment