Boris Johnson accused of breaking self-isolation rules

Prime Minister Boris Johnson did not self-isolate after coming into contact with someone who later tested positive for Covid-19, it has been reported.

A videographer who recorded the prime minister making a statement to the nation later tested positive for coronavirus.

But Mr Johnson did not self-isolate after contact, reported the mirror.

The incident happened when Mr Johnson recorded his official New Year’s message on December 31, 2020, ahead of the second wave of Covid 19.

The videographer tested positive after the news was recorded and Downing Street officials were notified.

A number of people who were in the room at the time were asked to self-isolate at home for 10 days, but Mr Johnson was not.

Five days later, Mr Johnson announced a new national lockdown.

A source told Spiegel that the videographer, who wore no face mask, had been face to face with the prime minister for about 15 minutes and was closer than six feet.

A Downing Street spokesman said: “The Prime Minister was socially distant from the person who subsequently tested positive and the film took less than 15 minutes.

“This was confirmed by those present. He was not advised to isolate himself as the rules did not require it. “

The spokesman added: “The Prime Minister has self-isolated under the regulations on a number of previous occasions.”

In the New Year’s message, Mr Johnson commended the British for their willingness to “put your life on hold” in order to protect the NHS and save lives.

.

Leave a Comment