Boris Johnson told to self-isolate as contact of positive case

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been asked to self-isolate as a liaison with a confirmed case of Covid-19.

The PM must now go into an isolation phase, but is fine and showing no symptoms.

A spokesman for Number 10 said Sunday evening: “The Prime Minister was informed today by NHS Test and Trace that he must self-isolate as a contact from someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.

“The Prime Minister will obey the rules and is self-isolating. He will continue to work on Downing Street leading the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“The PM is good and has no symptoms of Covid-19.”

Ashfield MP Lee Anderson, who had a breakfast meeting with the Prime Minister on Downing Street Thursday, said on a Facebook post: “Isolate. On Friday I lost my sense of taste and my wife had a severe headache. I had no cough, no fever and felt fine.

“We both had a test on Saturday and the result came on Sunday morning. My wife and I both tested positive.

“I’m absolutely fine and my biggest concern is my wife, who is in the screened group. But we both feel good. “

Earlier this year, the prime minister had coronavirus and was seriously ill. He was treated at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London, not far from Downing Street.

He was admitted to the hospital on Sunday April 5 after testing positive for Covid-19 on March 27. The Conservative Party leader was admitted to intensive care the following day because he needed oxygen assistance.

Check the Latest Virus Numbers You Live In:

Hours before he was taken to the intensive care unit, Mr Johnson tweeted saying he was “in good spirits and in touch with my team as we work together to fight this virus and keep everyone safe”.

The Prime Minister left the intensive care unit on Thursday April 9, but remained in the hospital for further observation. He is said to have been in a good mood and waved to the hospital staff when he returned to the ward.

He tested positive for coronavirus on March 27, and was taken for hospital exams at that time. His symptoms included high temperature and a cough. He spent more than a week in self-isolation before he was hospitalized.

Mr Johnson left the hospital on April 12 but said it “could have gone either way” as he paid tribute to health care workers for saving his life.


Leave a Comment