A young mother was found dead by her young son after being electrocuted from her smartphone while bathing.
Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died of a massive electric shock immediately after throwing her mobile device into the water, police said.
She was found by her four-year-old son who then tried to resuscitate her by slapping her cheek, according to her relatives.
The incident occurred last weekend in the city of Toguchin in southwest Siberia, Russia.
Anastasia had brought her smartphone into the bathroom while local reports said she was waiting for an important call.
The phone’s battery is believed to be running low, so she plugged it into an extension cord for the power adapter and put everything on a shelf before going into the water.
The phone rang while Anastasia soaked herself and picked it up.
It is then assumed that the phone slipped out of her hand and fell into the water, pulling the extension cord with her.
Anastasia’s son, who was home at the time, reportedly rushed to the bathroom after hearing a bang that caused the electricity to short out and the lights to go out.
The boy is said to have found his mother motionless in the bathtub filled with water and tried to wake her up.
After realizing that his attempts were in vain, the toddler called his grandmother, who alerted the emergency services.
A forensic examination revealed that the victim died instantly from a fatal electric shock.
A friend close to the family told the local media, “Anastasia had a big fire on her chest.
“ The boy tried to revive her. Then he called his grandma and said, “I hit her cheek, but she’s dead.”
The child, who now lives with his grandma, believes doctors saved his mother’s life and that they will soon be reunited.
“ The boy says his mother is being treated in the hospital. He’s waiting for her to return home after she gets better, ”said relatives.
The police are investigating the incident to determine the circumstances surrounding the victim’s death.