Boy dies and girl in coma from 'poisoning' after vaping together at sleepover

Denis Shnayder, 12, died while his sister Viktoria, 18) and her friend Anastasia R (17) were hospitalized after vaping together while staying overnight in an apartment in Byisk, Russia

Russia: Eighteen-year-old student evaporates

A school boy has died and a teenage girl is in a coma from “poisoning” after steaming together during an overnight stay, police reportedly said.

Denis Shnayder, 12, could not be saved and his sister’s girlfriend Anastasia R, 17, is clinging to life in the hospital in a coma, local media reported.

The boy’s sister, Viktoria, a student, was also admitted for medical treatment after the trio was found by Anastasia’s grandmother that morning.

All three were found unconscious in an apartment in the southern Russian city of Biysk.

“They all had consumed smoke mixtures with an electronic device,” said Lyudmila Ryazantseva from the Russian Investigative Committee.

Student Denis Shnayder, 12, could not be saved
(

Image:

Social media / east2west news)

In a video caption Viktoria wrote: “I steam all day until I feel sick”
(

Image:

Social media / east2west news)

“You were found unconscious the next day.

“The girls were admitted to the hospital …

“Unfortunately the boy could not be saved.”

The girls stay in the hospital while Anastasia is in the intensive care unit.

A criminal case was opened to investigate whether negligence was a factor in Denis’ death.

Denis’ sister Viktoria (pictured), 18, is in hospital after being poisoned
(

Image:

Social media / east2west news)

Officials are also investigating whether parental supervision has failed.

Viktoria had posted a video on social media: “I steam all day until I feel sick.”

The case has made calls for stricter controls on vaping to protect young Russians.

“If children die from vaping, the current law, which equates this with cigarettes, is not enough,” said the chairman of the sports committee of the Russian parliament Denis Svishchev, MP.

MPs called for a total ban on steam (pictured: Denis (left) and his sister Viktoria (right))
(

Image:

Social media / east2west news)

An investigation was opened to see if negligence was a factor in her death
(

Image:

Committee of Inquiry in the Altai Region / east2west news)

“We need a complete ban on steam.”

Another MP, Sultan Khamzaev, called for a total ban on vaping and tobacco-related products for children.

The group used e-cigarettes to inhale a vapor of nicotine, flavors, and chemicals.

Continue reading

Continue reading

.

Leave a Comment