Drink-driver who led cops on 130mph chase across 3 counties disqualified

A drinks driver who led police through three counties in a terrifying 130 mph car chase was banned from driving for five years.

Jay Peters, 31, was seen driving dangerously by officers in Runnymede on September 12 last year and asked to pull up, but sped away.

During three separate chases, he took officers around Surrey and Berkshire before finally coming to a halt after being hit by a police car in Longwick, Buckinghamshire.

The footage of the incident shows him meandering through the traffic on the M25 in the lanes.

When he finally stopped, he was getting out of the car when an officer pulled out a taser and said, “Now put your hands on the vehicle.”

The 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop driving dangerously and driving under the influence of alcohol after failing an alcohol test.

He admitted to the latter two charges at Guildford Crown Court.

In addition to being disqualified, Peters was sentenced to twelve months’ imprisonment, which was suspended for two years.

After his disqualification period has expired, Peters will also have to take an advanced driving test, do 250 hours of unpaid work, and be on a curfew for three months.

Investigative Officer, PC Rebecca Blake, said: “During this incident, not only was Peters over the limit and his senses dangerously impaired, but he was also endangering the lives of other people without concern for their safety.

“He’s been ruthless in endangering the lives of others and we take that very seriously in Surrey.”

.

Leave a Comment