Florida massacre families to get millions for FBI’s inaction

“It was an honor for me to represent the Parkland families who, through their immeasurable grief, have worked to make the world a safer place,” said senior attorney Kristina Infante in a statement. “While no resolution could ever restore what the Parkland families lost, this settlement is an important step towards justice.”

Andrew Pollack, whose 18-year-old daughter Meadow died in the shooting, praised the FBI for assuming responsibility for its inaction, comparing it to Broward County’s school district and the sheriff’s office, school security and security personnel Psychologists who treated the shooter. He believes that they all couldn’t stop Sagittarius and have shirked responsibility.

“The FBI made changes to make sure this never happens again,” said Pollack.

Tony Montalto, whose 14-year-old daughter Gina died, said no settlement would “replace my bright, lively and beautiful daughter”. He said that while other families celebrate Thanksgiving this week, Gina’s chair will be empty.

Both Montalto and Pollack said the money they receive will not replace their daughters.

Paul David Stern, the senior attorney defending the government, did not immediately respond to a call asking for comment.

About five weeks before the February 14, 2018 shooting, an FBI guess line received a call stating that a former Stoneman Douglas student, Nikolas Cruz, had bought guns and was planning to “slip into a school and start shooting the Place to begin “.

“I know it will explode,” the caller told the FBI.

But that information was never passed to the FBI’s South Florida office, and Cruz was never contacted. He had been banned from school a year earlier and had a long history of emotional and behavioral problems.

Cruz, 23, pleaded guilty last month up to 17 cases of first degree murder. He will be sentenced to either death or life imprisonment following criminal proceedings due to begin in January.

Leave a Comment