Dobbs, who has been on the network for 10 years, didn’t appear on his show on Friday. His slot will be taken over by a new program, “Fox Business Tonight”, starring Jackie DeAngelis and David Asman on Monday.
The Los Angeles Times first reported Dobbs’ cancellation of the show.
Like many news organizations, Fox News and Fox Business reassessed programming during the presidential change. Fox News removed one of its news presenters, Martha MacCallum, from her 7pm. Slot last month and replaced it with an opinion show with a temporary rotating cast of hosts.
The network announced in October that it would “bring new formats onto the market if necessary” after the presidential elections.
“As we said in October, FOX News Media regularly takes into account program changes, and plans have been made to introduce new formats as appropriate after the elections, including for FOX Business – this is part of these planned changes. A new 5pm program will be announced in the near future, ”a Fox spokesperson told POLITICO in a statement.
Dobbs’ departure comes after a voting software company on Thursday filed a defamation Lawsuit against Fox Corporation, which named Dobbs as a defendant. The company, Smartmatic, alleged the network had spread misinformation about election security while Trump made false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him.
Fox Corporation also denounced the allegations in the lawsuit, stating in a statement Thursday that it was “obliged to provide the full context of each story with detailed reporting and clear opinion. We are proud of our 2020 election coverage and we stand vigorously against it.” defend this merit. ” Lawsuit in court. “