Since the release of iOS 14, more and more apps are using the latest update from Apple. Spotify has also joined these applications. Spotify, one of the leading subscription music services, has released its toolkit for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14.
Similar to Apple’s own widgets for Apple Music, Spotify’s toolkit makes it easier for you to access your most recently listened to songs. You can choose between small and medium sizes. Spotify hasn’t yet offered the big iOS 14 toolset.
“Spotify iOS widgets display five of the most recently played artists, playlists, albums or podcast covers,” said a representative who commented on The Verge site on behalf of Spotify. The widget shows the content that was stolen when the application was last used.
How do I add a Spotify widget to the home screen?
- First, make sure you’re using the latest version of Spotify.
- Gently press an empty area on the home screen and wait for app icons to vibrate.
- Click the + icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spotify widget from the list.
- Select the size of the toolkit. There are two options; One is a 1 × 1 small square, the other is a 2 × 1 rectangle. Then click on the “Add Toolkit” button.
- Insert the toolkit and then click “Done” to complete the process.