KFC customer's stomach lining burnt after she's 'served cup of disinfectant'

A KFC customer reportedly had her stomach burned after she was accidentally given disinfectant to drink instead of water.

A woman whose last name is You asked a restaurant worker in Suzhou, east China, for a cup of ice water on March 29th.

She said she noticed the taste of the disinfectant after taking a sip.

Not sure if it was her imagination or not, she took another drink and immediately felt a pain in her stomach, she claims.

You asked her friend Chen to smell the drink, but couldn’t find anything unusual, so she took a sip too and confirmed the unusual taste it had Global Times reported.

The agent then admitted that the drink they received was accidentally mixed with disinfectant, Du said.

She went to the hospital after experiencing pain in her throat and stomach and troubling cramps.

Doctors diagnosed her with acute erosive gastritis, in which acid ruptures through the lining of the stomach, causing bleeding and stomach ulcers.

The KFC initially offered to pay CNY 1,500 (£ 167) for medical treatment of the victim, but you want them to compensate her for lost wages and expenses during her illness.

The restaurant reportedly tried to get Du to sign a nondisclosure agreement to prevent them from reporting the incident on social media.

Global Times said you were upset by the reaction and decided to report the KFC office to the media company Jiangsu Broadcasting Corporation.

The news of the alleged mix-up of beverages enraged people on Chinese social media platform Weibo.

One user wrote, “What is 15,000 yuan for? The pain will last a lifetime if your stomach is damaged.”

Comment was requested from KFC.

.

Leave a Comment