Meghan Markle announces why she can't make Prince Philip funeral

Meghan Markle will not accompany husband Harry to Prince Philip’s funeral.

Her doctor has advised her not to travel as she is pregnant with the couple’s second child.

How far along she is is unknown, but the couple revealed that they had a little girl during the interview with Oprah, where they lifted the lid on the royal family.

A palace spokesman said the Duchess of Sussex had been instructed by her doctor not to travel to the UK.

They confirmed that the Duke of Sussex will attend.

The coronavirus pandemic will also have a huge impact on the carefully crafted plans with the thousands that would have turned out to be lining the streets instead of watching TV now.

Palace officials confirmed today that the funeral will take place on Saturday, April 17th at 3 p.m.

The Duke’s funeral is expected to continue to be televised at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.

Regarding the funeral, a palace spokesman said: “Without public access, this event will be significantly reduced in size.

“In accordance with government guidelines and public health measures, there will be no public processions and the Duke’s funeral will take place entirely in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

“The plans were finally approved by the Queen and adequately reflect the advice of the government.

“Despite these necessary changes, they still reflect the Duke’s personal desires.

“Although the ceremonial arrangements are reduced, the occasion will celebrate and recognize the Duke’s life and more than 70 years of service to the Queen, Great Britain and the Commonwealth.”

.

Leave a Comment