The Metropolitan Police are taking no further action following a review initiated by a prosecutor led by Jeffrey Epstein who is taking legal action against the Duke of York.
Virginia Giuffre is suing the Queen’s son for allegedly sexually abusing her as a teenager. Prince Andrew has always rigorously denied all allegations against him.
She claims she was sold by Epstein, the Duke’s former boyfriend, to have sex with the Prince in London at the age of 17 – a minor under US law.
In August, when asked about recently reported U.S. legal action, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said she had asked officials to re-examine the Epstein-related allegations.
In a radio interview, she said “no one is above the law” when asked about allegations of sexual assault against Andrew.
On Sunday, the Met said, “Procedural MPS officials reviewed a document released in August 2021 as part of a US civil lawsuit. This review has been completed and we are not taking any further action. “
The update – first reported by Channel 4 News – also confirmed the troop had completed their review of allegations reported by the broadcaster in June that British celebrity Ghislaine Maxwell, the late Epstein’s ex-girlfriend, traded women and girls in the UK, was grooming and abused.
The Met said: “We also reviewed information submitted to us by a media organization in June 2021. This review has been completed and no further action will be taken. “
Police said they remain in liaison with other law enforcement agencies who are investigating matters related to Epstein.
The Sunday Times reported that officials contacted Ms. Giuffre, but the Met said they would not confirm who they might have spoken to as part of the police investigation.
Last week, a US judge agreed that Andrew’s attorneys receive a copy of a 2009 settlement they believe would overturn the civil case against the king.
You can find more stories from where you live at Near you.