Model has Apple AirTag location device planted on her at bar and is tracked by creep

Brooks Nader shared her bizarre experience after receiving a notification on her iPhone that an unidentified AirTag had “moved with her for some time.”

Sports Illustrated model Brooks Nader (

Image: Getty Images for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit)

A model who says she was placed in a bar with a tracking device and followed for several hours afterwards has raised safety concerns among other women.

Brooks Nader, a New York-based model for Sports Illustrated, shared her bizarre experience on social media after receiving a notification on her iPhone that an unfamiliar AirTag had “moved her for a while.”

The notification, which popped up shortly after 11 p.m. on Wednesday evening, told her that the owner of the device could “see his location.”

After checking her bags, the 26-year-old found that the tracker, which was supposed to easily find lost items such as keys, was in her coat pocket.

It wasn’t until several hours after she left the New York bar that she realized it was with her.

Ms. Nader posted on social media after realizing that anyone who planted the tracker could have followed her home.

In an Instagram story, Brooks revealed that she was followed for five hours with an Apple AirTag



On an Instagram story, she called Apple and asked the tech giant if they had considered the “danger and potentially fatal consequences of this device.”

“Ladies, check your bag, your coat, your bags and your surroundings,” she added.

“Disturbed is not even the right word.”

In another post, she talked about the dangers of posting your location on the go – something she learned “the hard way”.

“If you’re posting in a restaurant, drinking with your friends, exercising, whatever you do – if it’s in an obvious or geotagged location, wait until you leave,” she said.

“I’ve made this mistake so many times and it’s very easy to avoid. Just wait until you’re home or go home or whatever until you post that. “

The model told the story Email online that her coat had sat on the bar stool in the Odeon in TriBeCa, which had been her first location that night.

“I went to the bathroom and left my coat on the chair and I think someone slipped it in,” she said.

“They then followed me home for five hours.”

Ms. Nader said she never thought something like this could happen to her.

“I hope my story can help raise awareness and encourage women to look out for this notification and keep their belongings close by, especially when they are out.”

Continue reading

Continue reading


Leave a Comment