'Monster' went on a date with mum before raping her daughter

A man took a mother on a first date before sneaking into her daughter’s bedroom and raping her.

Matthew Philbin and the woman went bowling before returning to her for a few drinks when he briefly ran into their child.

Later that evening he said he went to the bathroom but instead crawled into her teenage daughter’s bed “like a monster” and raped her. Liverpool Echo Report.

Philbin of Dukinfield Farm in Warrington carried out the alcohol-and-coke attack earlier this year, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

After a brief meeting with his victim, who then went to bed in the evening, Philbin continued his date with her mother at their home but interviews with police later said he went upstairs several times to “sniff” the upper floors of the house.

At that time, after drinking a lot and using cocaine, he went to the nursery upstairs in the house, went to her bed, and began to crawl on her.

She described that Philbin looked like a monster when he attacked her, grabbed her hair and tried to take off her clothes.

The teenager struggled and kicked him to stop him from rape her, but Philbin kept climbing on top of her and threatening to shoot her if she kept screaming.

He forced her to get out of bed and use the flashlight on her phone so he could look at her while he carried out the heinous attack that left her with numerous injuries to her face and head.

When her mother, suspicious of Philbin’s absence, heard her screams and rushed to her room, he told his victim to “pretend it was all a bad dream” and that it didn’t actually happen.

Her mother immediately saw how desperate her daughter was and managed to get Philbin into the back garden.

Lee Bonner said accusingly: “He was then locked up in the back garden wearing only his shorts and socks.

“He had damaged the back door trying to re-enter the house.

“In her testimony after the attack, the victim’s mother described how she believed it was her fault to let him into the house.”

The survivors’ trust

The Survivors Trust is the largest umbrella organization for specialized rape and sexual abuse services in the UK.

Their services work with victims and survivors of all ages, genders, forms of sexual violence, sexual abuse and exploitation, including assisting partners and family members.

If you have been a victim of a sexual offense, you can call the free helpline at 08088 010 818.

Philbin would deny the attack in interviews with police, but later pleaded guilty.

Simeon Evans, who defended himself, said there was little to mitigate the “shocking and appalling” attack but said that Philbin’s attack was fueled by the drugs and alcohol in his body and that he now understands the disturbing nature of his crime.

He said, “Although he is not trying to blame the substances for this case, it was clearly a factor.

“That might take your honor into account, as well as the fact that he has no comparable criminal record.”

Judge Driver called Philbin a “predatory, violent and determined rapist” and sentenced him to 13 years in prison, of which he will spend eight years in prison with an extended five-year license.

The judge turned to the sobbing Philbin, who appeared on the video link on HMP Altcourse, telling him that he had pleaded guilty only when presented with “overwhelming evidence” and said, “I am not convinced that your expressions of repentance are correct are real. “

More stories from where you live can be found at Near you.


Leave a Comment