Mum's hot tub warning as young son left unconscious in filter horror

A frightened mother shared how her son passed out and required life-saving CPR after being “sucked through a filter” in a hot tub.

The nameless woman warned of the “life-threatening” dangers of hot tubs after three men were needed to free the boy even after he switched off.

She posted the horror story on Facebook, and it has gone viral and has been shared more than 32,000 times, reports the mirrors.

The mother wrote: “Please read the full story – our son was using a hot tub on Sunday when he was sucked under by a filter outlet in the tub. This filter outlet is partially covered, but there is a large rectangular hole that takes in the water and directs it to the filter and it was sucked into this outlet and was unable to escape. “

READ MORE: Urgent Spa Failure Warning

He was badly injured, although the family acted quickly to get the child out of the terrible ordeal.

The mother continued, “The family was in sight and as soon as this happened they rushed to his aid and it took three men to get him out of the suction, even though the tub was immediately turned off. When he was pulled out he was passed out “and cpr started.”

The boy was taken to the hospital by ambulance, where he eventually recovered from his injuries.

READ MORE: Boy seriously injured after being hit by a bus

“He was treated superbly both on the trip and during his recovery, where he was monitored over a period of days. Fortunately (he) is now at home and on the mend, but if he hadn’t been rescued from the tub so quickly and the treatment was so good, he might not have been here today, ”said the grateful mother.

The woman concluded on the caution: “If anyone has or is planning to buy a hot tub, spa, or pool, please ensure that they are used safely, are checked regularly, and children are supervised at all times as indicated in the device’s instruction manual.

“You don’t expect something that is so pleasant to become life threatening, but it can. Please be aware and be careful, I don’t want this to happen to another family that turns into a worse one Result could come. “

One person wrote, “Oh my god, how awful, poor little man. I am so glad that he is fine and on the mend. “

There has been a lot of similar messages with another comment: “This is terrible. Poor little boy. What a tragedy it could have been. I am very happy to hear that he is better now. “

Up-to-date parent news straight to your email inbox. Sign up for weekly Brummie Mummies email updates.

.

Leave a Comment