Mum's warning after six-year-old girl's horrific eye injury from clothes hanger

A mother issued a sharp warning after her daughter had surgery after an eyelid tore open while playing with a plastic hanger.

The six-year-old girl was bleeding and had to be hospitalized after being injured by the broken coat hanger.

The woman who lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia described her appalling ordeal in a Facebook post.

Hanis Hafiz said her children were playing when their child found the broken remains of a simple clothes hanger that had been thrown away.

She said that the girl had the item like she was “holding a pencil” and that it ended up going into one of her eyelids.

She said, “the blood came out quickly,” and despite trying to call the father, she could not reach him.

After wiping off the blood, she found that her daughter’s eyelid was badly injured and took her to the hospital.

There the girl was given stitches to sew up the injury.

Since the incident, Ms. Hafiz has shared graphic images of her daughter’s injury both before and after surgery to warn other parents to be aware of the dangers while their children are playing.

The girl lies in bed after the operation

A close up of the eyelid injury

She said that as she telling her story, she hopes she will “teach parents a lesson on how to watch the children play”.

The NHS provides advice to parents or those caring for children on what to do if they are injured.

It is said you should call an ambulance if the child stops breathing, struggles for breath, is unconscious or doesn’t know what’s going on, has a cut that won’t stop bleeding or stands open, won’t wake up, or has a seizure for the first time, even if they seem to be recovering.

Always take a child to the emergency room if they have a fever and are still sluggish, have severe abdominal pain, have a leg or arm injury and are unable to use their limbs, or have swallowed poison or tablets.

.

Leave a Comment