Mum's warning after son, 12, dies when charging smartphone falls into bathtub

A grieving mother warns parents of the deadly danger of children charging smartphones in the bathroom after her son is electrocuted.

Russian art blogger and lecturer Anastasia Sosnovskaya spoke heartbroken after her 12-year-old son Yaroslav was killed when his iPhone 4 fell from the side of the tub.

The 39-year-old said in a tragic post that she was not aware of the risk.

“We lost our son,” she wrote.

“He was 12, absolutely healthy, happy and had big plans.

“We tried to revive him for 40 minutes, but nothing worked.

“And at first we didn’t understand what had happened.

“Today, after almost two weeks, the forensic analysis gave us the reason.

“There was an electric shock in the bathroom from his phone that was charging.”

Detectives discovered that the boy had managed to throw the phone out of the bathtub after it slid off the side of the tub – but he was still electrocuted.

Anastasia has a younger daughter

The bereaved said: “I want everyone to know that people die from it.

“So that you forbid children – and yourself – from using telephones in the bathroom once and for all.

“Children – never. Under no pretext. “

Anastasia, who has a younger daughter, said police showed her photos of people who died using phones in the bathroom.

“There are a lot of them because we underestimate the risks.

Anastasia Sosnovskaya spoke out after the death of her 12-year-old son Yaroslav

“I was sure that it was impossible to die from it. If only I knew. “

She urged her 118,000 followers to republish her warm warning.

“It will spread and save someone’s life,” she said.

“Someone will think someone will forbid (their children), someone will learn that it is really life threatening.

“Then at least some meaning appears to me in what happened.

Olesya Semenova died last month

“Please do.

“Because children shouldn’t die of stupidity that can so easily be prevented.”

Russia has suffered a number of such deaths recently, despite officials and police warning of the dangerous risks.

Last month, 24-year-old Olesya Semenova was found by her roommate in her home in the Russian city of Arkhangelsk after she was electrocuted.

Five months ago, a schoolgirl, Anna K, 15, was electrocuted while bathing in Moscow.

The 26-year-old accountant Evgenia Shulyatyeva was found dead in the bathroom by her mother in Kirovo-Chepetsk.

Fifteen-year-old martial arts master Irina Rybnikova died immediately after plugging her iPhone into a charger in the bathroom of her home in Bratsk, Siberia.

Liliya Novikova, an internationally recognized poker star, died 18 months ago after suffering an alleged massive electric shock in her bathroom.

The 26-year-old was a math wizard with a first-class engineering degree from a top Russian university. When she died she was home alone.

.

Leave a Comment