North Korea building two new submarines capable of firing ballistic missiles

0
6
North Korea building two new submarines capable of firing ballistic missiles

North Korea is building two new submarines that can be used to fire ballistic missiles.

It comes after Kim Jong-un unveiled new missiles in a parade last month.

State television began broadcasting footage of a military parade last month that South Korean authorities said had taken place in the early hours of the morning.

The North Korean leader said in a speech that he was “grateful” that none of his citizens had signed Covid-19 and that the disease could not be prevented “without socialism”.

He also claimed the parade would showcase the country’s military might as North Korea showed ballistic missiles at the event for the first time since 2018, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.

The 75th anniversary, which was celebrated with a series of concerts and festivals, was closely watched in the region as it was viewed as an event where Guide Kim Jong-un was able to deliver messages to domestic and foreign audiences.

For weeks, commercial satellite images have shown thousands of North Korean soldiers practicing marching.

And South Korean officials said the north could use the parade to unveil a new ICBM or a new ballistic missile launched from the submarine.

It was the first time the parade was held in the early hours of the morning and Kim should be in attendance, a military source told Reuters.

North Korea building two new submarines capable of firing ballistic missiles 1

South Korean officials said last month that Kim could use the event as a “low intensity” show of force ahead of today’s US presidential election as denuclearization talks with Washington stalled.

In August, Kim said at an important Politburo meeting that the anniversary celebrations “must be prepared at the highest level with a peculiar style as a major political festival”.

Foreign diplomats in Pyongyang have often been invited to watch past celebrations.

North Korea building two new submarines capable of firing ballistic missiles 2

Regarding the coronavirus in North Korea, Kim ordered North Koreans to stay in their homes fearing “yellow dust” from China could spread the coronavirus – leaving the streets “empty”, it was alleged.

The despot has repeatedly claimed that the Hermit Kingdom has yet to have Covid-19 cases, despite the fact that over a million people have been killed worldwide following the ongoing pandemic.

On Wednesday, the country’s state media broadcast special weather segments warning of the alleged phenomenon, which they claimed would arrive the next day.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea reportedly told diplomatic missions and other international organizations that it “strongly recommends” staying indoors all day and “closing all windows tight”.

“As we have been told, these measures are due to the fact that Covid-19 can be introduced into the DPRK territory along with the ‘yellow dust’ particles,” the Russian embassy in Pyongyang wrote on Facebook on Thursday.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here