Like most manufacturers, OnePlus has a beta program to test innovations by volunteer users. Last month, the Oxygen OS Open Beta 7 update came out for the company’s favorite series OnePlus 8. The successor to the update came a little earlier than usual.
Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro and Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8T model have been released.
New Oxygen OS Beta updates contain important fixes
The update for the OnePlus 8T fixes 19 bugs. The update released for other models in the series fixes 21 errors. The contents of the two additional fixes for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are the inability to see the fingerprint pattern on the screen and some text messaging issues.
With these fixes, the Android security patch level of the devices has been updated to March 2021.
Here are all the details of the Oxygen OS Beta update:
- OnePlus account can now be registered with a phone number in more countries or regions
- Optimized startup speed of some apps to improve user experience
- The noise problem of 5G calls has been solved
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint pattern was not displayed on the screen (OP8 series only)
- Fixed an issue where WhatsApp could not receive messages when it was in the background for a long time
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Auto Power On’ option was disabled in dark mode after a system update.
- Fixed the disappearing issue with the voice assistant wake up gesture animation
- Fixed an issue where caller ID of frequently used contacts was not displayed in do not disturb mode.
- Fixed an issue where the settings interface was displayed abnormally on the split screen of call forwarding
- Fixed a flash issue with fast response in landscape mode
- Fixed an issue where the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split screen with Chrome
- Fixed a minor probability issue that caused the expanded screenshot to stop working
- Android security patch updated to 2021.03.2020
- Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera – Settings – Captured with OnePlus watermark – Time)
- photo gallery
- Fixed an issue where images were not displayed in Gallery after being copied to the DCIM category
- Fixed an issue where the Nearby Share button disappeared when using Google Photos
Software-focused Oxygen OS innovations:
- Fixed an issue where the STAGE BASED IMPROVEMENT switch was not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds were connected to the phone
- Fixed an issue where the device could not be searched by other Bluetooth devices
- Fixed an issue where an incomplete dialog was displayed in landscape mode
- Fixed known issues with SMS to improve functional stability (OP8 series only)
- The touch range of the stopwatch buttons has been improved and the user experience has been improved
- Fixed an issue where AOD showed the wrong time sequence after setting some languages as system languages
- Regarding AOD, we fixed the issue where the screen would flicker when unlocking with fingerprint
- Fixed an issue where the screen appeared red in some scenes with respect to AOD
- Fixed blur line issue in AOD
- Fixed problem with wifi
- Added new Tidal Sound Medal (Complete 3 White Noise Zen Mode Challenges to earn this Medal)
If you have Oxygen OS Beta ROM on your device, you can easily update it through OTA updates. If you are using a stable ROM, you will need to find the correct beta image file for your device and install it.