Prince Harry fell asleep through calls that Prince Philip had died, it was reported.
The Duke of Edinburgh died on April 9th. However, it was alleged that both Harry and Meghan had missed calls from the U.S. embassy.
TMZ has reported that the embassy tried desperately to contact the couple at their Montecito, California mansion at 3 a.m., but to no avail.
It was only when the police showed up at his door that he received the tragic news.
TMZ added that an embassy representative called the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department and asked if someone could drive to the £ 11 million home.
An official spoke to one of the couple’s staff at the gate and they told Harry he needed to call the embassy urgently, the news agency claims.
A palace source said how the Sussexes were contacted about Philip’s death was a private matter and would not comment.
The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex then flew back to the UK for Philip’s funeral on April 17 amid controversy over the bomb interview he and Meghan had with Oprah Winfrey weeks ago.
They informed the moderator of the chat show that, among other harmful allegations, questions had been asked about the skin color of the then unborn son Archie.
It is believed that Harry was isolated at Frogmore Cottage prior to the stripped down service at St. George’s Chapel on the Windsor grounds.
The Queen had given the property to him after his marriage before moving to the United States in March of last year.
Meghan, who remains pregnant with her second child, has been advised by doctors not to travel to the UK.