Prince Harry and Meghan say they won't seek security from US government

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, have no plans to seek protection from the United States government, a spokesman for the couple said on Sunday.

The recognition came hours later President Donald Trump tweeted that he wouldn’t provide security to Harry and Meghan. People magazine reported last week the couple left Canada for Los Angeles.

“They have to pay!” Trump said.

The spokesman said the couple would use privately funded security schemes.

Harry and Meghan moved to Vancouver Island, off the Pacific coast of Canada, earlier this year after announcing plans to “step back” from their royal duties at Buckingham Palace.

Meghan grew up in Los Angeles, where her mother still lives. She has performed in several shows and films before marrying Harry in 2018 and will tell an upcoming Disney documentary, “Elephants”.

Leave a Comment