Sony remembers the content creators and offers a quick guide to getting started on how to share live games on Twitch.
When the last generation of Sony started, PS4 incorporated the Share button into its controller, which initially didn’t want to be as important as it turned out. Playing and sharing is already part of the daily life of many players; to the point that many can devote their working lives to creating video game content. In PS5, everything gets easier and faster with Create.
YouTube, Twitter, Twitch and similar portals are the channel chosen by a large majority, but the latter is the channel that currently dominates the market for live broadcasts of video games. And the DualSense, with its Create button, is the protagonist. So we can stream games on Twitch from a PS5.
Twitch and PS5 have a direct link: play and share instantly
- If we heard a few weeks ago that applications such as YouTube, Netflix, Disney +, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify or Twitch were going to be included in the PS5 launching on November 12 (November 19 in Europe), it’s time to get into action from Amazon’s streaming-centric solution, the one with the purple symbol.
- The first and most important thing is to create an account on Twitch. We can do it from a computer or a mobile app. They recommend the iOS or Android app for convenience, configuration and other easily accessible Stream Manager. They also explain other aspects of transmission; We invite you to consult the source at the bottom of the news.
- Turn on your PS5 and open the Twitch app, which will ask you to scan a QR code or enter the code at twitch.tv/activate in your browser. As soon as you log in, you will see that everything is recognizable: your account, your subscriptions, your belongings. The difference is that you have now linked your PSN (PlayStation Network) account to Twitch.
- While playing one of the PS5 or PS4 video games on your PlayStation 5, press the Create button (top left of the touchpad) and select Cast. Then select Twitch. You can also select Cast from your PS5’s custom control center. You can even use the microphone on the DualSense controller to comment on your games.
- Give your broadcast a title, add the PS5 HD camera if you have one. You can choose your video quality options in the Capture & Streams section of your console menu.
- When you live stream your games, clicking Start Stream will automatically assign your chosen game. You are already live. To stop sending, press the Create button on your DualSense remote, Transmit and Stop sending.
PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition are already available in countries such as the United States and Japan; in Europe we will have to wait until November 19 to receive them at home. You can check out all of the confirmed launch games, our review of the console and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.