Queen Elizabeth II has been advised by her doctors to rest for at least the next two weeks, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.
In a statement, the palace said she had been advised to avoid official visits and to only take on “light, desk-based tasks”.
The Queen would therefore not be able to attend a memorial ceremony in honor of those who have served Britain and the Commonwealth, scheduled for November 13, the statement added.
However, you have the “firm intention” to attend a national memorial service for military veterans the next day.
It comes just over a week after the Queen, who at 95 is the longest reigning monarch in the world, had to spend her first night in a hospital in years at King Edward VII’s private hospital in London.
Download the. down NBC news app for breaking news and politics
The queen stayed overnight after undergoing “preliminary investigations” for an unspecified disease unrelated to Covid-19.
Officials said Elizabeth was in a good mood after the visit and she returned to light duties on her return to Windsor Castle the next day.
Earlier this week, Buckingham Palace also announced that it would not be attending the COP26 climate change conference in Scotland due to medical advice on how to recover from her hospital stay.
She also had to cancel a trip to Northern Ireland before going to the hospital.
In the past few days, the Queen has held public engagements, including virtual audiences, to welcome the new ambassadors from South Korea and Switzerland to the UK.
The palace said it could continue to hold “some virtual audiences”.
She will be celebrating her platinum anniversary next year, celebrating 70 years on the throne and continuing to have a busy schedule of royal duties even in the months following the death of her husband, Prince Philip, who died at the age of 99 in April.