Tanning salon customer finds dead body on sunbed after woman has 2 hour session

A horrified tanning salon customer found a body while trying to climb into her sun bed.

She made the gruesome discovery when she saw that a booth was in use, but got no answer.

When the staff opened it, they found a 50-year-old woman who had gone to a meeting two hours earlier.

The unknown woman went to the solarium in Deutsch Kaltenbrunn at 2:30 p.m. and was found dead around 4:45 p.m.

Emergency services were called on the spot, but it was too late to rescue the deceased.

Police said there was no evidence of bad game and an inspection found no defects in the tanning bed.

The salon said it was a statement that it would offer its “deepest condolences” to the woman’s family.

Concerns about the safety of tanning beds have been raised, and Australia closed all of them in 2015 after launching the “No Tan Worth To Die” campaign.

The Australian SunSmart program, jointly funded by Cancer Council Victoria and the Victorian Government, said, “There is no such thing as a safe tan.”

“The study, published in 2008, found that 281 melanomas, 43 deaths and 2,572 squamous cell carcinomas each year are attributable to solarium use in Australia, adding around $ 3 million to the healthcare system,” it said.

“Solariums are not a safe way to get a tan and significantly increase the risk of cancer.

“If you’ve used a tanning bed, your risk of skin cancer is greater than with someone who hasn’t.

“If you are concerned about your risk of skin cancer from previous tanning, talk to your doctor.”

And in the UK in 2012, a bride-to-be died in a sunbed shop after injecting illegal tan blasts.

Jenna Wilson-Vickers was found unconscious in a cubicle after a concerned manager broke the door, an investigation learned in 2013.

The 26-year-old had apparently taken the injections for weeks and used sun beds up to three or four times a week, the hearing said.

.

Leave a Comment