Home World News The two household cleaning products you should never mix together

The two household cleaning products you should never mix together

0
17
The two household cleaning products you should never mix together

People are being warned not to mix two popular cleaning products together because it can be unsafe.

Bleach and vinegar are both widely-used in households to clean kitchens and bathrooms.

But some people may be unaware that mixing the two can create a toxic chlorine gas.

The warning was issued by Australian consumer advocacy group  CHOICE, The Mirror reports.

They said: “Warning: Never mix bleach and vinegar together – it creates toxic chlorine gas.”

If you do accidentally mix the products together, you should immediately leave the area and try and breathe in some fresh air.

Also change and wash any clothes that have been contaminated.

You may notice irritation of your nose, mouth, and throat.

Vinegar is often used as a natural compound unlike man-made chemicals such as bleach.

While both are lauded for their stain-removing qualities, both together are a lethal combination.

Bleach is made of diluted sodium hypochlorite while vinegar is a diluted form of acetic acid, reports  OK! Magazine.

Inhaling a small amount of this will irritate your throat, nose and eye while a large dose of this gas has the potential to kill.

“Unlike some other dangerous chemicals like carbon monoxide, chlorine gives off a distinctly pungent and irritating odor,” it says on Healthline.com

They continued: “If you notice a strong smell after mixing cleaners, it’s a good idea to immediately leave the area.

.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here