Since we couldn’t travel for large parts in 2020, the wanderlust was real.
Instagram gave us ample opportunity to find dreamy pictures of destinations we’d promised ourselves to visit when all of this was over, and Airbnb delivered regularly.
Now the ten most popular homes are being announced on Instagram so we can see what kind of places we were longingly looking at during the lockdown.
From snow-capped huts to apartments with some of the best views in the world, this is what people on Airbnb’s Instagram loved most in 2020:
- 1 1) Stone house (Saint Victor la Coste, France)
- 2 2) The best view on Quintay (Casablanca, Chile)
- 3 3) Lakeview Lodge (San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala)
- 4 4) Tanglebloom cabin (Brookline, VT, USA)
- 5 5) Casa Mama (Pioneertown, CA, USA)
- 6 6) Schoolhouse from the 19th century (Kingston, NY, United States)
- 7 7) Dreamy A-frame (Pond Eddy, NY, United States)
- 8 8th) Window to the cathedral (Florence, Italy)
- 9 9) Idyll house (Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA, United States)
- 10 10) Floating house (Joanópolis, Brazil)
1) Stone house (Saint Victor la Coste, France)
The most popular photo on Airbnb’s Instagram profile in 2020 shows the enduring appeal of the south of France. Recorded by @bonitte, it has amassed more than 76,000 likes.
2) The best view on Quintay (Casablanca, Chile)
The view from this coastal hut in the Valparaiso region of Chile is truly breathtaking. Recorded by @ diana.a.r.r, it has clocked over 67,000 likes and counts.
3) Lakeview Lodge (San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala)
With a breathtaking panorama of Lake Atitlan, this glass-fronted villa high up on the hills of peaceful Pasajcap was the perfect backdrop for the @ megaann.p photo.
4) Tanglebloom cabin (Brookline, VT, USA)
Tucked away in a wooded grove on a flower farm, this open-air glamping cabin has been captured perfectly by its hosts @tanglebloom_cabin.
5) Casa Mama (Pioneertown, CA, USA)
This picture of a pueblo-style house in the California desert, captured by @workingholidaystudio, gives us just enough insight to induce maximum wanderlust.
6) Schoolhouse from the 19th century (Kingston, NY, United States)
The only setting that talks about Airbnb’s top 10 interiors is a beautifully converted old schoolhouse in New York state. Photo credit: @lizaherlands_.
7) Dreamy A-frame (Pond Eddy, NY, United States)
Seventh on the list, another picture from New York State made the grade. Darby House is a beautiful A-frame house in the woods on the Delaware River. Photo credit: @ darby.houseupstate.
8th) Window to the cathedral (Florence, Italy)
The iconic Duomo of Florence is at the center of this incredible shot captured by @girlgoneabroad. It was recorded from an exceptionally well-located artist studio on Airbnb.
9) Idyll house (Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA, United States)
Ninth on the list, this wintry shot takes us from historic Florence to the San Jacinto Mountains in Riverside County, California. Photo credit: @idyllhaus.
10) Floating house (Joanópolis, Brazil)
Last but not least, this aerial photo of a prototype off-the-grid home in 2020 has rightly drawn a lot of attention to Airbnb’s Instagram profile. Photo credit: @franparente.