Toddler rushed for surgery after swallowing 17 magnetic beads which pierced stomach wall

The 19-month-old boy is now recovering from being taken for an operation to remove the incredible amount of magnetic beads he swallowed. The tiny magnets pierced his stomach wall

Murat Özdemir, 19 months old, had 17 magnetic beads removed from his stomach (

Image: Newsflash)

A toddler underwent surgery to remove 17 magnetic beads from his stomach after he swallowed them.

Murat Oezdemir, 19 months old, is said to have fallen ill last week at his home in Pamukkale, Turkey.

The doctors then took an X-ray and noticed foreign bodies in the child’s stomach, reports the local media agency Haberler.

An X-ray showed that the magnetic beads were all sticking together in the boy’s body.

Local media reports that the pearls can often be found in markets where they are sold as toys, although it is not clear whether Murat obtained them from there.

Doctors took an X-ray and noticed foreign bodies in the child’s stomach, reports the local media agency Haberler
(

Image:

News)

Dr. Halil Kocamaz, a pediatric gastroenterologist, and his team removed the 17 magnetic beads, each 5 millimeters in diameter.

Medics found that the beads were connected to one another and formed a bracelet inside the boy that pierced his stomach wall, Haberturk reports.

The surgery to remove them reportedly took about two hours and Murat is currently recovering in the hospital from the surgery.

The surgery to remove them reportedly took about two hours and the child is currently recovering from the surgery in the hospital
(

Image:

News)

Murat isn’t the only boy who needs surgery after eating things he shouldn’t be eating.

A 14-year-old in India had 16 toothbrushes and a three-inch iron nail removed from his stomach after he started eating them to cure his addiction to earth.

Harish Devi, 14, ate the dental kit after a holistic doctor told him it would cure his soil-eating habit.

Habertürk reports that the pearls joined together to form a bracelet
(

Image:

News)

His family also believed that Harish, from Uttar Pradesh, India, was possessed by a ghost and that consuming toothbrushes and nails would help heal him.

But after eating the things, Harish began to feel pain in his abdomen.

He was taken to Baba Raghav Das Medical College, where the crazy discovery was made.

Doctors operated on the 14-year-old and took the toothbrushes and a three-centimeter nail from inside.

Local media reports that the pearls can often be found in markets where they are sold as toys
(

Image:

News)

After the foreign bodies were removed, Harish’s health improved and doctors hope that he will make a full recovery.

Horrific photos show details of the operation, with some of the toothbrushes removed from the patient’s stomach.

A doctor holds up an X-ray to show the large iron nail in the center of the boy’s body.

Continue reading
Continue reading

.

Leave a Comment