Tot taken to hospital after nan feeds him hand sanitiser she thought was puree

A mother warned parents after her toddler mistakenly gave her grandmother a hand sanitizer with a meal which, based on the packaging, thought it was a snack.

Nikki Teixeira’s 18-month-old son Logan “immediately flushed and started coughing” after consuming the trolls germ killer before he got sleepy.

The affected mother, from Manitoba, Canada, told Good Morning America how she bought the disinfectant for her stepdaughter to go to school when she was 7 years old.

“The way it was wrapped with hand sanitizer and displayed, I didn’t even think it looked like a food,” she explained.

After little Logan had something to eat, his grandma realized what it was before calling her neighbor and then calling 911 because he got a little sleepy.

Ms. Teixeira said within five minutes that he was “asleep” – although she was fully awake again when paramedics arrived to take him to the hospital as a precaution.

The mother shared a clipping of the Trolls World Tour bag online on August 25 and warned parents not to buy the product.

“Please DO NOT buy these cute hand sanitizer bags from Wal-Mart, which can easily be mistaken for a grocery bag,” she wrote in one Facebook Post Office.

“I hope to be able to warn others about this misleading packaging. Ultimately, I’d like to see it completely off the shelves.”

There is a small warning in the package that says “do not eat”.

Smart Care, the company behind the product, has since removed the item from stores, reports ABC News.

“Since safety is our top priority, we have exchanged this packaging for our hand sanitiser in bottles to clear up misunderstandings and concerns,” the company spokesman told the news agency.

The US Food and Drug Administration has a regularly updated list of unused hand sanitizer products below


Leave a Comment