In Huawei’s app Store AppGallery, the famous antivirus company Dr Web analysts detected trojans in 190 apps.
Doctor Web malware analysts discovered dozens of games in Huawei’s app store AppGallery catalog with an embedded Android.Cynos.7.origin trojan. This trojan is a designed by malware to collect the mobile phone numbers of users. The app’s install stats are even more terrifying.
Android.Cynos.7.origin is one of the Cynos modifications of program modules. This module integrates with Android apps to earn money. This platform has been known since at least 2014. Some versions have quite aggressive functionality. eg; They send SMS, stop incoming SMS, download and launch additional modules, and download and install other applications. malware dr. The version discovered by web analysts appears to be the primary function for collecting information about users and their devices and displaying advertisements.
Trojan detected in 190 apps in AppGallery
At first glance, a cell phone number leak may seem like a minor issue. But in reality, it can seriously harm users, especially considering that children are the main target audience of games.
When the user gives permission, the Trojan collects the following information and sends it to a remote server:
- User’s mobile number
- Device location based on GPS coordinates or mobile network and Wi-Fi hotspot data (when the app has permission to access the location)
- Various mobile network parameters such as network code and mobile country code; also GSM Cell ID and International GSM Location Code (when app can access the location)
- Various technical features of the device
- Various parameters from the Trojan application metadata
Despite Huawei has removed the infected apps from the App GalleryIf you have one installed on your phone, it can still be a big problem if your data is vulnerable to theft. These are the three infected apps with the most installations:
- Hurry up and hide – 2 million downloads
- Cat Adventures – 427k downloads
- Driving School Simulator – 142k Downloads
dr. You can access the list of 190 applications with trojans detected by the Internet here.