A 15-year-old Florida boy who shares the name of the iconic, fictional crime boss portrayed by Marlon Brando in "The Godfather" is facing multiple charges after a wild chase that ended in the shooting of him by authorities, according to reports. Vito Corleone-Venisee was charged Friday with aggravated assault in connection with the pursuit by the Miami-Dade authorities, which left him paralyzed from the neck down. the Miami Heral reported:. Young Vito and two other people were on their way to a car rally in a 2021 Dodge Challenger on Jan. 16 when authorities spotted a stolen vehicle, a Dodge Charger, next to them, according to the paper. Police gave chase to both Dodges after the drivers disobeyed orders to stop and drove off. The Charger managed to escape, but the Challenger crashed through a fence and the three occupants, including Vito, fled. Two of them fled, while Vito was shot, the Herald reported. Vito Corleone-Venisee and two other teens drove away from the police before crashing into a fence and fleeing on foot, authorities say.WSVN MiamiThe teen, who was paralyzed from the neck down, is being treated at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He has also been charged with possession of a gun by a minor and resisting an officer without violence, the newspaper reports. Vito is also reportedly charged with failing to appear in court late last year from 2020 arrests by several law enforcement agencies for attempted burglary and theft. Police found a gun on the ground.WSVN MiamiCorleone-Venisee has been charged with gun possession by a minor.WSVN MiamiHis lawyer Jarlens Princilis told WSVN that the bullet struck the teenager in the back of the neck as he fled. Police found a handgun on the ground, as well as another handgun and an assault rifle in the crashed Challenger. \u201cI didn't get a chance to question him about the gun. He is still regaining his memory after the incident," Princilis told the station, adding that his client was not driving at the time of the attempted stoppage. Vito Corleone-Venisee was paralyzed from the neck down after being shot by a pursuing officer.WSVN MiamiThe Florida Department of Law Enforcement has taken over the investigation into the shooting, but the attorney pointed out where Vito was hit. \u201cIt says to me that he didn't face the officer. It says to me that he tried to get away from the officer and also tells me that it is impossible to attack someone if you have your back to him,\u201d said Princilis.