A woman died alone after a devastating fire in a night club that killed 156 people and left them in agony for 11 years.
Irina Pekarskaya was 33 years old when she was trapped in the crowded lame horse in Perm, Russia, when fireworks exploded in the popular nightclub.
Many dozen were burned alive in the inferno after the roof caught fire.
It has been described as the worst fire in Russia.
The mother of two, Irina, tragically became the 157th victim and died solely from coronavirus restrictions.
She had had 60 percent burns in the lungs, toxic brain damage, and a broken jaw in the inferno.
She was paralyzed, unable to speak and her legs and arms atrophied.
After the horror, she was brought to Germany for treatment, but later experienced an agonizing and debilitating struggle for her horrific injuries in Russia.
“Seven years after the fire, she burst into tears when she saw her two sons for the first time,” said her mother, Galina, 71.
Her family could not say goodbye to the coronavirus pandemic.
“Irina has only suffered all these 11 years.”
She added, “I want to remember her the way she was when she was alive.”
Her partner Sergey Kolpakov, 49 at the time, went out on a cigarette and survived the disaster.
For several years he desperately tried to raise money for her treatment.
The horrific fire was one of the worst tragedies in Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union.