Use WhatsApp Web on your computer and forget about the limitations of your phone.
Whatsapp Web is a WhatsApp extension that allows us to use the messaging platform from a web browser for computers and tablets.
You still need to have WhatsApp on your phone to use WhatsApp Web, but when you use it you will notice the great benefit of having a screen the size of your computer and the physical keyboard for chatting.
Somagnews gives you some information about WhatsApp Web that you should know if you are still not using the application. I use it at work all the time.
Facts You Should Know About WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp, also known as WA, was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, two former Yahoo employees. WhatsApp has become the most used instant messaging application in the world.
One of its main features is that it provides a cross-platform service that allows people to communicate easily even from different devices.
In the beginning, WhatsApp charged a dollar per year to each user, this was to pay for operational costs such as maintaining the servers and paying its employees. In 2014, Facebook bought WhatsApp for about $ 19.3 billion, making it a free app for everyone because Facebook already has a strong infrastructure around the world.
Many people still wonder how Facebook makes money with WhatsApp and its extensions such as WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp for Desktop, and today we already know that these companies’ business is our data.
Whatsapp works on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian and Blackberry. They also have the web version of WhatsApp where we can even use the existing WhatsApp application on a mobile device.
Use WhatsApp Web
What if we want to use WhatsApp Web but leave the phone at home, is that possible?
The answer is yes, and all you have to do is:
1. Open the WhatsApp application on your phone, tap 3 vertical dots in the top right and choose WhatsApp Web
2. Open https://web.whatsapp.com in your internet browser
3. Scan the QR code on the computer screen with your mobile phone
4. You can use WhatsApp Web from the computer.
What WhatsApp Web cannot do
Some things you cannot do with WhatsApp Web are:
1. You cannot use it on your own without having WhatsApp on the phone.
2. You cannot make audio or video calls, you must use WhatsApp from smartphone.
3. Can’t run in an old browser, you need a modern internet browser.
4. You cannot use WhatsApp Web in 2 tabs or 2 different browsers from the same computer.
5. Unable to update status.
6. You cannot share the current location from the WhatsApp web
7. All media will be automatically downloaded to PC as we cannot change media settings.
What can WhatsApp Web do?
1. You can use WhatsApp Web on different computers from the same account.
2. Use the keyboard to write your message, it is much easier than the phone.
3. Send photos / audios / videos already on your computer.
Create a new WhatsApp group
5. Change your profile picture
6. Reply to, start, delete or forward messages
7. Select many messages and delete them.
If you want to use WhatsApp Web on the same computer and don’t need to log in every time you use it, you can choose not to log out before scanning the QR code to keep the session always open.