At the Zoomtopia 2021 event, Zoom announced a series of innovations focused on communication and interaction. These are those services…
Founded in 2011, the popular video conferencing platform Zoom continues to bring new features every day. Sharing the latest information on its innovative and user-centric vision of the Zoomtopia 2021 event, the company prepared innovations to support its customers’ future plans to grow their businesses.
New Zoom features for unified communication
To support digital and hybrid work environments, Zoom continues to update its customers’ core Unified Communications solution with new features. The features that the company has developed in this regard are:
- Zoom Phone: End-to-end encryption and video voicemail feature.
- Improved whiteboard: An interactive collaboration feature that allows teams to come together online as if they were face-to-face, with VR support through Oculus.
- Live Translation and Transcription: Live transcription and translation services powered by artificial intelligence.
- Zoom Rooms Smart Gallery: A virtual meeting experience designed to resemble a face-to-face experience through multiple video feeds from a single meeting room to provide better face-to-face communication between office or remote participants.
- Interactive Maps & Authentication Supported Hot Desking: Simple authentication feature so employees can allocate desk and space in their office using an interactive map and bring their personalized Zoom experience to any Zoom Rooms or Zoom Phone device.
- Zoom Chat: A feature that may provide a visual channel layout to give teams a sense of belonging while working virtually.
New solution for the call center market: Video Engagement Center (VEC)
Zoom announced its new solution that will increase customer interaction at the event. The company, which wants to close this gap in the video communication sector, came up with the cloud-based call center product Video Participation Center (VEC).
Zoom VEC allows institutions to create experiences where they can develop trusting interactions by bringing their experts together with their clients on video in a structured and expansive virtual environment. With this solution, which will be available in early 2022, Zoom will provide enterprises with cloud-first scalability and reliable video architecture.
A new event space: Zoom Events
Zoom Events is designed to help organizations create compelling hybrid and virtual experiences. This function; It offers features such as event centers, corporate virtual private event spaces, customizable registration and chat-based virtual event lobby and corporate network expansion.
It enables businesses of all sizes to seamlessly manage and host back-to-back sessions at events ranging from sales peaks to customer events, from trade shows to internal events. The platform also provides event-specific reporting on registration, attendance, and ticket sales.
New Developer Tools
Zoom brings a number of new tools and solutions to help developers integrate the application into their software. One of these is Jumpstart, a new application creation tool that aims to speed up the creation of applications that take advantage of Zoom Video SDK Features.
On the other hand, the company will soon offer the possibility to list applications that take advantage of the Zoom Video SDK on the App Marketplace. This feature will contribute to the dissemination and discovery of innovations implemented through the Zoom platform. In addition, a new video API, Granular Scopes for APIs, enhanced Meetings SDK for the web, new app developer roles, and QSS (Quality of Service Subscription) will be released on the Zoom App Marketplace at the end of the year.
More productivity for hybrid work: Zoom Apps
Zoom apps, which are implemented for institutions to optimize their meeting workflows; seamlessly integrates third-party applications into Zoom Meetings and the desktop client experience. This service is expected to bring more collaboration, productivity, and fun to the hybrid worker platform experience.
Later this year, Zoom plans to roll out Zoom Apps integration across the platform, including: Zoom apps for webinars and zoom apps for mobile, and immersive apps that enable even more productive and collaborative app experiences.
What do you think of these new features of Zoom? Don’t forget to share your ideas with us!