Family's home gutted by devastating fire which broke out as they slept

Carol Delea from Cork and her family escaped quickly and no one was injured – but their house was gutted

So far, over € 15,000 has been raised to support the family whose house was destroyed in a fire (

Image: GoFundMe)

One family narrowly escaped death after a devastating fire broke out while they were sleeping.

Just days after Christmas, the Delea family was soundly asleep in their beds in their Cork home when the fire broke out.

The fire broke out when Carol’s son Richard charged his electric golf trolley in the house where he lives with his mother and three siblings. It went up in flames after making a “hiss and crack” sound.

“I charged it in the house and went to sleep,” Richard told RedFM today. “It was in my bedroom.”

After waking up at night and noticing that the battery is getting hot, “the next thing you know is it is causing a flame”.

Fundraising campaigns to support the Cork family have started
(

Image:

GoFundMe)

The inside of the house was devastated
(

Image:

GoFundMe)

Richard threw the car out of the house, but a fire had already broken out and smoke was pouring into the house while other family members slept.

“I had to take my mother down the stairs, she was very shaken, it was 3 o’clock in the morning at this point

“She could see the flames and the smoke, they were all very scared.”

The flames in the middle of the night
(

Image:

GoFundMe)

The family home is destroyed after a fire breaks out while they sleep
(

Image:

GoFundMe)

Donations have been made to support the Cork family. The Little Island Community Association organized a GoFund me fundraiser that has raised over € 15,000 to help Carol rebuild her family home.

The GoFund me family support page can be accessed here.

Continue reading

Continue reading

.

Leave a Comment