A heartbreaking breakup or a cringey courtship saga, these stories leave us feeling all sorts of emotions. And that’s why we’ve put together a list of the most heart-wrenching captions for love stories. From the twisty to the downright tragic, these are the captions that will bring a smile to your face, and make you sob at the same time. So, without further ado, let’s start!
Everyone goes through heartbreak in their lives. Some people experience it more than others, of course, but it’s still a part of life. So if you’re feeling down about your breakup, or just generally sad, here are some heartwarming captions that will make you feel a little better.
- “I have not broken your heart – you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine.”
- “I guess broken pieces of glass hurt one badly and so does broken pieces of human heart.”
- “Life is suffering.”
- “Just like there’s a crackling sound when a beautiful vase breaks, my body experienced a thunderous shake when my heart shattered into a million pieces.”
- “Without you in my life, a minute seems like an hour and days seem like weeks. How do you think I am going to spend the rest of my life without you?”
- “He is lucky if he knows how to be happy even in the saddest times.”
- “I want a second chance at falling in love with you for the first time.”
- “I wish i were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.”
- “I am heartbroken, but I have been heartbroken before, and this might be the best for which I can hope.”
- “I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned, and broken…but somehow still works.”
- “A broken heart is one of those experiences that all of us as humans can share, yet you can only experience alone.”
- “A relationship doesn’t have to start out having to confident, eclectic, self-aware & balanced people in it but it should end up that way.”
- “Scared to fall in love.”
- “And in the end, it’s not the people you miss. It’s the memories.”
- “Feeling Very Bad Today….!”
- “Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.”
- “In the darkest nights, even I’m scared of my demons.”
- “I feel so alone without you.”
- “Every break up is an opportunity to do it right the next time.”
- “Different faces, different experiences, inculcate different monsters in you.”
- “I am not just another toy you can play with when all your other toys are broken.”
- “Can an apology reciprocate the pain that deprived a soul of happiness?”
- “A crumbled piece of paper cannot be fixed to become a fine one and so does a broken relationship.”
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
- “Just because my eyes don’t tear doesn’t mean my heart doesn’t cry. And just because I come off strong, doesn’t mean there’s nothing wrong.”
- “Sometimes it’s better to be alone nobody can hurt you.”
- “Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you and you meant nothing to him.”
- “Need advice on relationships? Get in touch with broken soul or a one-sided lover.”
- “I am not worthy of being in love.”
- “if everyone was as sensitive as you! There’s no girl who hasn’t gone through that. And it’s all so unimportant!”
Captions For Broken Heart
Walking around with a broken heart is never a pleasant experience, and it can be even harder when you’re surrounded by people who don’t understand. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best heartbroken captions to help you feel better while you’re healing. From funny to touching, these captions will make you laugh and help you feel understood.
- “Even though you were standing beside me, you were never there for me.”
- “People cry not because they are weak, It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.”
- “Falling in love will never feel the same after I met you, but I really don’t regret you, because seeing you broke me down inside knowing you’re not mine.”
- “A star came into my life, now suddenly she disappeared… My way, my life become blank….. Still searching for her.”
- “Your best teacher is your last mistake.”
- “It’s better to break up when the sweet love turns into poison.”
- “There are a million ways to lose someone you love.”
- “Sometimes it’s better to be alone, so nobody can hurt you.”
- “People change, memories don’t.”
- “Loving you felt like leaving my apartment and not being able to remember if I locked the door.”
- “Continue on when you hear my voice telling you I moved on.”
- “Sometimes… Sometimes our hearts…crack a little.”
- “Hearts are breakable,’ Isabelle said. ‘And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.”
- “Make the most beautiful Mistakes, mine is you.”
- “Relationships and understanding are buried under the concept of self-respect and ego.”
- There will be times when no one understands you but you. You’ve got to have enough confidence in your decisions-regardless of past mistakes- to be okay with that.
- “Living a day without you would mean having no life at all. But if losing you is the best thing to make you happy, then I must live without a life.”
- “There were days when she burnt her own heart for the sake of her loved ones and then a day arrived when her heart was nothing but just a pile of ashes.”
- “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.”
- “The heart was made to be broken.”
- “Never love that which you cannot keep.”
- “The broken hearts break hearts.”
- You won’t ever understand that how much it hurts to let you go.
- What do you do when the only one who can make you stop crying is the one who is making you cry?
- Just because I let you don’t mean I wanted to.
- I never knew that you could give my place to someone else so soon.
- Every ‘I am okay’ actually means ‘I am totally broken.
- What do you do when the only one who can make you stop crying is the one who made you cry?
- If you are not ready to change, you are not ready to love.
- It’s sad when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were
- A lot of you cared, just not enough.
- All my dreams were shattered after we broke up.
- Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.
- You made me cry, you told me lies, but I can’t stand to say goodbye.
- Everything was just like a fairy tale until you pushed me out of your world.
If there’s one thing that almost every person can agree on, it’s that love hurts. Whether you’ve been burned by love before, or you’re just realizing that love isn’t what it used to be, these quotes about heartbreak will speak to you. Whether they’re true or not, these heart broken quotes will help you to process your emotions and move on.
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” ~ Nicholas Sparks
- “There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream — whatever that dream might be.” ~ Pearl S. Buck
- “There will be a time when you are forced to follow your heart away from someone you love.” ~ Ashley Lorenzana
- “I’m not supposed to miss you, I’m not supposed to care.” ~ Debra Cox
- “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” ~ E.A. Bucchianeri
- “Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice.” ~ Morgan Rhodes, Falling Kingdoms
- “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” ~ Stephen King
- “We are all Romeos looking for our Juliet, but never finding her.” ~ Rae Hacton
- ‘Heartbreak is funny to everyone but the heartbroken.” ~ Jeffery Eugenides
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ~ Khalil Gibran
- “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.” ~ Andrea Gibson
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” ~ Mineko Iwasaki
- “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” ~ The Tinman, The Wizard of Oz
- “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” ~ Faraaz Kazi
- “Has someone made you heartbroken? Then, why are you still thinking of him?” ~ Debra K. Messer
- “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” ~ Stelle Atwater
- “I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.” ~ Julia Roberts
- “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and its part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.” ~ Heidi Klum
- “Love is the hardest drug to quit, but it is even harder when it is taken away.” ~ Ashleyy
- “Don’t you EVER break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 of those!” ~ Jayy Von Monroe
- “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” ~ Alphonse de Lamartine
- “Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean.” ~ Gregory Roberts
- “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” ~ William Faulkner
If there’s one thing that can break your spirit, it’s heartbreak. Whether it’s a loved one leaving you or your own personal setback, heartbreak can devastate your emotional state and make everything seem impossible. Here are some heart breaking quotes that will help take the sting out of the experience.
- “Sometimes the only way the good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them.” — Fulton Sheen
- “For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack.” — D.H. Lawrence
- “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.” — Miranda Kenneally
- “For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack.” — D.H. Lawrence
- “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.” — Julia Roberts
- “You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.” — Isabel Gillies
- “There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts being broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream-whatever that dream might be.” — Pearl Buck
- “You can’t give your heart to a wild thing.” — Truman Capote
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” — Mineko Iwasaki
- ‘When trees burn, they leave the smell of heartbreak in the air.” — Jodi Thomas
- “It’s funny how artistic we become when our hearts are broken.” — Hotel Books, I Always Thought I Would Be Okay
- “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” — Richard Wilbur
- “Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” — Wallace Stegner
- “Why did I always end up loving the person who hurt me the most? Why was love so cruel? ” — J.C. Reed
- “I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today.” — Charlotte Ericksson
- “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” — Faraaz Kazi
- “Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.” — Warsan Shire
- “I never wanted but your heart–that gone, you have nothing more to give.” — Mary Wollstonecraft
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” — Socrates
- “There are a million ways to lose someone you love.” — Tamara Webber
- “I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you? ” —Tabitha Suzuma
- “Sometimes a little heartbreak is a lesson, and the best thing to do is just learn the lesson.” — Jon Voight
- “When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Sometimes… Sometimes our hearts…crack a little.” — Brodi Ashton
- “Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be.” — Rae Hachton
- “The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.” — Charles Dickens
- “Hearts are breakable,’ Isabelle said. ‘And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.” — Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
- “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain. ” — Andrea Gibson
You May Also Like
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on heartbreak captions and quotes. Our intention was to provide you some captions and quotes to express your thoughts and feelings about heartbreak in a unique and humorous way. We hope that you found some of the captions and quotes helpful in your healing process. If you would like to share your own heartbreak experiences or quotes, please feel free to do so in the comments below. We would love to hear from you. Thanks for reading!