Home World News Heartbreak photo shows mum's new baby days before he was mauled to...

Heartbreak photo shows mum's new baby days before he was mauled to death by dog

Heartbreak photo shows mum's new baby days before he was mauled to death by dog

A mother posted a heartbreaking photo of her “beautiful boy” Elon just days before he was beaten to death by a dog.

Abigail Ellis is holding her newborn son, who was 12 days old at the time and weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces.

Just 11 days later, the baby died after being ravaged by a dog.

Abigail posted a picture shortly after Elon’s birth and wrote on Facebook: “Our beautiful baby, love him down to the smallest detail.”

Papa Stephen Joynes had written: “Couldn’t be happier with little Elon. Beauty, right?”

The newborn sustained serious injuries when attacked by the dog and died in hospital on the same day. The neighbors shared how they watched the police fight to remove the “big, fluffy” dog from the property.

Abigail’s three other older children – two boys and a girl – were home when the tragedy struck. Mirror online Reports.

Her father died about 18 months ago, neighbors said.

One of Abigail’s closest friends said, “She was a brilliant mother and would do anything for these children. She would always put them first.

“She loves dogs and would never have a dog around the children if she thought they were dangerous.”

The couple’s neighbors were in tears over the tragedy.

One neighbor, who didn’t want to be named, said, “It’s heartbreaking, it’s just shocking.

“They just looked like such a lovely family, they were always together and always happy.”

Bouquets of flowers were left at the family’s garden gate as the locals paid tribute to the infant.

South Yorkshire Police said they were called to an address in the Doncaster Woodlands around 3:30 p.m. Sunday after reports that a dog had attacked a child.

It added, “Upon arriving at the property, emergency services found that a 12-day-old boy had been bitten by a dog and sustained serious injuries.

“The child was taken to the hospital, but unfortunately died a short time later.

“A 35-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of grossly negligent manslaughter. They have now been released on bail while the investigation continues.

“The dog has been removed from the address.”

Anyone with information about the incident should call the police on 101.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here